On this page, you find a selection of online publications that I used for developing my professional training sessions on geopolitics. This page focuses on the geopolitics of natural resources. These are also the online publications that I recommend to students of my Geopolitical Trends Analysis Summer School and Geopolitical Scenario Planning Summer School at Maastricht University.
I am aware that this is a small and not fully up-to-date selection of online resources on the geopolitics of natural publications. However, their content is still relevant to conduct geopolitical research today. Moreover, in due time, I will update this page.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding these online publications on the geopolitics of natural resources, please contact me.
- Chatham House – Resources Futures
- Desjardins – Perspective – Economic Analysis Review: Natural Resources Special [pdf file]
- East Asia Forum – China’s export restrictions on rare earths
- German Marshall Fund – The Global Resource Nexus: The Struggles for Land, Energy, Food, Water, and Minerals
- PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency – Scarcity in a Sea of Plenty? Global Resource Scarcities and Policies in the European Union and the Netherlands
- Resources for the Future – Global Energy Outlook 2019: The Next Generation of Energy and Meeting the World’s Natural Resource Needs: Confrontation (or Worse) Ahead?
- Transport Geography – Freight Transportation and Value Chains
- World Trade Organisation – Natural resources: Definitions, trade patterns and globalization [World Trade Report 2010] [pdf file]